DOWNTOWN – Listen, a great Side Stage Humblebrag isn’t just a picture of a band on your Instagram. It’s a declaration to your hundreds of loyal social media followers that you are pretty much Bon fucking Jovi right now. Those fans came from all over to see you stand on the side of the stage in front of the drummer’s mom, taking photos on your iPhone 5s – Don’t let them down! Use this handy guide to make sure you get the most out of your 15 minutes of fame.
- First, take a moment to gaze upon the masses of sweaty, general-admission peasants out there. Gross.
- When framing your shot, make sure to capture a little of the band, and a LOT of your loyal crowd.
- Take the spotlight off of you for a moment to say something about the performer. While this is really your moment, it feels good to take the selfless high road sometimes. “Jason Isbell crushing it at Bonnaroo!” or “One of the best dudes in the industry” are good examples!
- If you’re in the music industry, this would be the ideal time to bust out your favorite humblebrag lie of a hashtag, “#LoveMyJob”.
- Posting a video? Great! There’s nothing people love more than hearing their favorite song played live, recorded on your iPhone from behind the speakers, compressed to hell when uploaded to Facebook, then played back over an iPhone speaker!
With these quick tips, you should be well on your way to amassing dump trucks full of respect and admiration amongst your peers, and from all the idiots you went to high school with that you’re still friends with on Facebook for whatever reason.